Dr Muhammad Imran is a general cardiologist with special interest in primary prevention with risk factor modification, advanced heart failure, cardiac imaging, and pulmonary hypertension.
He is currently working as a PhD research fellow at St. Vincent’s Hospital and the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute (VCCRI).
Dr Imran got his MBBS degree with honors in 2005 and achieved multiple medals and distinctions during his medical degree. He completed his basic physician and advanced cardiology training at St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney. Having been trained at a well renowned heart transplant centre, he pursued his academic career with a PhD in heart transplantation and cardiac imaging.
Dr Imran deals with all aspects of general adult cardiology including: primary prevention with risk factors modification; dyslipidaemia; management of ischemic heart disease; rhythm issues, valvular heart disease and cardiomyopathies.
He can perform major cardiac procedures including: echocardiogram; stress ECG and stress echocardiogram; holter and ambulatory BP monitoring; DC cardioversion; diagnostic angiograms; device interrogations (PPM and AICD checks); right-heart catheterization; endomyocardial biopsies as well at CT coronary angiongram (CTCA). The combination of all these skills gives him a comprehensive approach to patient care and management.
Dr Imran has a commitment to professional lifelong learning and research to improve the overall quality of patient care. Towards this goal, he is already involved in multiple research projects at St. Vincent’s Hospital and the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute. He has presented his work at national and international meetings.
- President Prize (clinical) at Transplant Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) 2016.
- Young Investigator Award at Transplant Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) 2016.
- Early Career Award Finalist (translational) at International Society of Cardiac MR (SCMR) scientific
sessions 2016, USA.
- Regional scholarship award at SCMR-2016 for Australia-New Zealand region.
- Ralph Reader Finalist (clinical) at Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ) 2016.
- University Medals in Internal Medicine, General pathology, pharmacology and physiology.
- MBBS (Hons), FRACP.
- Level A accreditation in CT coronary angiography (CTCA).
- PhD (ongoing) in heart transplantation and cardiac imaging
- VMO at Holroyd Private Hospital, Guildford
- VMO at Norwest Private Hospital, Bella Vista
- PhD Research Fellow, St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney & Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute.